Project New Jersey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Project New Jersey

P [n] J

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

24 hrs of no talking

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
onetouch

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2008-10-06

24 hrs of no talking Empty
PostSubject: 24 hrs of no talking   24 hrs of no talking Icon_minitimeJanuary 11th 2010, 12:57 pm

I'm going to write about my 24 hr experience. It is currently 10 34 and I am in ap stat. Its Monday january 11th, 2010. I woke up at 6 10. Once I woke up I new what the plan was today. I new it would be easy to not talk for a day. Mom and sis were downstairs doing there hair. I went down to get something to eat and my sis asked me a question. I didn't respond. Then she realized I couldn't talk and laughed. Mom didn't care what I was doing. Then I went to school. At 6 55. Now the "hard part". Bells ringing ill brb
Back to top Go down
onetouch

PostSubject: Re: 24 hrs of no talking   24 hrs of no talking Icon_minitimeJanuary 11th 2010, 12:59 pm

Its lunch time. Everyones talking. Everyone.
Back to top Go down
onetouch

PostSubject: Re: 24 hrs of no talking   24 hrs of no talking Icon_minitimeJanuary 11th 2010, 1:02 pm

This day was suppose to be a day to listen and observe. Its not turning into one. All I'm seeing is what I already know. Ppl are addicted to addictions and habits. They one have one comfort zone. Its sick. Its lunch, I have no food, I'm not hungry
Back to top Go down
onetouch

PostSubject: Re: 24 hrs of no talking   24 hrs of no talking Icon_minitimeJanuary 11th 2010, 1:51 pm

5th period. Almost noon, almost half way. I've researched what I'm doing and ppl do this for 10 days. Yet they have no distractions and nothing to worry about. Its not the same as what I'm doing. I'm in 5th period. James is smart. Everyone in here is smart. Its ap lit. Is everyone too smart? I like this class. Its really nice when I'm not talking. Its peaceful, sorta
Back to top Go down
onetouch

PostSubject: Re: 24 hrs of no talking   24 hrs of no talking Icon_minitimeJanuary 11th 2010, 2:01 pm

Almost slipped. Just lost focus
Back to top Go down
onetouch

PostSubject: Re: 24 hrs of no talking   24 hrs of no talking Icon_minitimeJanuary 11th 2010, 2:12 pm

6th period. Noels my lover. She's hot. I'm going to read
Back to top Go down
onetouch

PostSubject: Re: 24 hrs of no talking   24 hrs of no talking Icon_minitimeJanuary 11th 2010, 3:48 pm

Schools over. That was easy. I have to tutor this kid on my soccer team. Idk how that's going to work...I can't talk remember?
Back to top Go down
onetouch

PostSubject: . And the topic is the 1920 i Ilove that topic   24 hrs of no talking Icon_minitimeJanuary 11th 2010, 4:56 pm

I'm tutoring now. Its hard but not bad. I'm just writing stuff down and he's doing it. He likes learning. I like teaching and learning. Its cool
Back to top Go down
onetouch

PostSubject: Re: 24 hrs of no talking   24 hrs of no talking Icon_minitimeJanuary 11th 2010, 6:31 pm

Its 4 24. Practice is at 5. I understand that I'm still communicating but its still strange. How many words do you think you say in one day?...I've said 0. Coach is going to hate my experiment. But the teachers today didn't even notice, until someone told them. Its not hard getting away with something like this. People don't care enough. Tutoring was the most fun I've had all day. I have 7 hrs left. Its easier to communicate when you are only with one person because they think you aren't saying exactly what they are thinking lol its sorta funny. Its not even worth trying to socailize with a group of ppl. My sis had a whole conversation with me and I didn't say a word. It was cool. Its troys b day. I've found myself talking to myself in my head. But ill talk about the conversation I would have had if I did start one with someone. I wonder what I'm going to say tomorrow or should I do it another day? I like reading and hate listening. Does that make sense?
Back to top Go down
onetouch

PostSubject: Re: 24 hrs of no talking   24 hrs of no talking Icon_minitimeJanuary 12th 2010, 1:39 am

Its over. Practice was pretty fun. Coach dick was mad that I couldn't talk. I am the captain. But after I went to troys. Its his b day. Dinner was great. I didn't sing happy birthday, danielle was mad. Then I went to noels. Then went home. I felt sick the whole day. But now that I can't talk I feel a lot better.
Back to top Go down
onetouch

PostSubject: Re: 24 hrs of no talking   24 hrs of no talking Icon_minitimeJanuary 12th 2010, 1:56 am

Alright lets talk about today. i didnt talk for 24 hrs. thats so cool. would i do it again,...hell no. I learned ppl can and do communicate by doing other things besides talking. Talking is the more efficient way to communicate, in most cases. Some ppl talk more than others. Some talk so that someone listens. And others don't talk to be "annonying". Its strange but cool. I'm not trying to say that now that I haven't talked for a day I know everything about the art but I learned a lot. Talking is a habit. Its just another thing humans do, walk, talk, text. I realized what I like in a person. My focus stayed the same. I was thinking more, but on a relavant subject. I never day drempt. I have a lot to talk about now. But no mores going to want to listen. I'm able to say my first words in 24 hrs and no one is hear to listen. People don't care.
Back to top Go down
Jixer

Jixer

Number of posts : 281
Registration date : 2008-10-05

PostSubject: Re: 24 hrs of no talking   24 hrs of no talking Icon_minitimeAugust 8th 2010, 9:14 pm

I found these posts to be very inspiring and interesting Brian. Please conduct more experiments in the future and post them here.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 24 hrs of no talking   24 hrs of no talking Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

24 hrs of no talking
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Project New Jersey :: Public Discussion :: Miscellaneous Chat-
Jump to: